Nose piercing after nosejob?

Rhinoplasty (more commonly referred to as a nose job)
Functional Septoplasty

Re: Nose piercing after nosejob?

Postby remo123 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:03 am

Hello,

Please suggest me some painless nose piercing I can't hadle the pain and i can't take any risk.
remo123

Postby Rachelsmith » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi there,

You look absolutely great. I jus checked out your newest youtube video as well :) ope your spirits remain high!

You have such a lovely bone structure and face shape!

Take care x
Rachelsmith

Postby Loafy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:43 pm

Oh, Jo,

I just seen your new video, it's a great improvement and see that bump is going down. I'm sure it will be smoothed out in no time. I can still see your swollen but it will take time now .

Yes, that's up to you. I bet though, once all the swelling has gone down you will be happier with it. Even if my nose did have an improvement but wasn't perfect at least it won't be the centre of my life anymore, but I suppose revision could "tweek" it in a sense. Oh, I hope my primary goes well, don't fancy having to go through all this again. But I hear that some revisions are to be expected (even by surgeons) since it's difficult to predict how the nose heals, especially on hard operations. So if mine is a hard job then I kind of expect the result to be not 100% desirable, so a revision may be used to "fine tune" it. We'll see how it goes...

Yes, I think that's the better option. Yeah same, a sharp object going through cartilage makes me feel queasy 0____o
Loafy

Postby Josephinemae » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Haha thanks lofty!!
Yeah I feel like i can do anything now!! so stupid I know! I'm still not 100% on my nose, and I do think at some point I will want a revision :( but i'm not going to dwell on it and revolve my life around it like before!!

And yeah I never really like facial piercings before, got a few in my ear and my tummy but thats all! But the model Bambi Northwood-blyth and Abbey lee who are both soo gorgeous and it looks so good on them!and I said about the tattoo thing too!!and plus it doesnt scar obviously if i hate it when i 'grow up' :)

I would just go for the one in the skin, the thought of having a piercing through the septal area makes me feel squeamish!
:kiss:
Josephinemae

Postby Loafy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Hey, Jo.

I think it depends on where you get your nose pierced. Is it at either side on the nose through the skin or throurgh the septal area between the nostrils?

I googled this question and some surgeons say that between 6-10 weeks should be ok, but then didn't seem to keen on the idea if I'm honest. But I'm not sure what type of piercing they had in mind. The one in the skin (not setum) seems to less at risk I think.

Wow, your brave, getting a facial piercing, I'm a big sissy when it comes to piercings haha

I know how you feel though, you want to have the things you've always liked but feel you couldn't pull them off with your old nose. I want to get a tattoo after mine (not on my nose of course :LOL: ).
Loafy

Nose piercing after nosejob?

Postby Josephinemae » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how long is recommended before having a nose piercing after having surgery?
I've always wanted it done, and now with a smaller nose i think a nice ring will look good :)
I know that I would probably have to wait a while to prevent infection but i'm not sure how long. I had work done to the tip if that makes a differnce?

thanks
:kiss:
Josephinemae

Return to Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty)