Advice requested....

Rhinoplasty (more commonly referred to as a nose job)
Functional Septoplasty

Postby LuCkY » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:13 pm

*harri* wrote:I'm not sure a man wants a curve in his profile. :?:

I dont mean like a 'ski slope' curve - more a v. shallow curve from the top of the bridge. I agree a deep curve is a very feminine thing and thats not what i'm after at all :)
LuCkY

Postby Susie » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:59 pm

Hello LuCkY and welcome to the board.

Have you got any profile and/or oblique shots? I don't see anything wrong with your nose in those pictures, it's a large(ish) nose but it suits your face, in my opinion.

Do you have a bump in your bridge? If so maybe getting rid of the bump would make all the difference. I don't see anything wrong with your tip, it doesn't seem to droop and it has a nice shape to it. Maybe filing down the bump (if you do have one) would be enough to make you feel better about your appearance. This is just my opinion based on the pix that you've posted.

I know what you mean about your nose affecting your confidence, if you feel that strongly about it then go for it.

It is true that you can't trust everything you read on cosmetic surgery boards, but we are all adults here and none of us seem particularly gullable. Most of us are able to see through individuals who are just interested in plugging products and/or clinics/surgeons endlessly. I have been on this board since day one and I think everyone here is genuine, as well as very caring and supportive :hug: Unfortunately, the same can't be said about other boards ):O but that's a different story.

xx Susie.
Susie
Old Timer

Postby *harri* » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:55 pm

I'm not sure a man wants a curve in his profile. :?:
*harri*
Old Timer

Postby LuCkY » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:16 am

Out on the town surrounded by women?? Me?? not likely.....maybe some day lol
Went to the pub for a swift one with some close friends then home to bed - l wake up for a pee at 3 a.m (i know thats a little TOO much info...) and i got all these posts to read YAY!! Better than xmas ;)

For the most part Harri you're right - there IS loads of info to be found on the web but the hard part is sorting the truth from the fiction and the useful from the pure mis-information. Unfortunately its usually in hindsight that you realise this so talking to people who've already had procedures and know whats what is an enormous help and not to be underrated - this forums been a HUGE help to me in making some decisions, and caused me some blushes too...... :)

I apologise for mentioning BDD in vain - i only meant that i feel similarfeelings on my 'BAD NOSE' days sometimes and didn't mean to imply that that was the root of the problem. From what little i know about the subject its a pretty serious mental issue that can have extreme reactions and consequences, and i never meant to compare that with me being touchy about my hooter.

For the kind comments some of you have made i thank you - i only wish i could see myself through your eyes.....maybe then i wouldn't be in the position i'm in lol!

I'm pretty sure now that i'll have my nose fixed, and after taking on board the comments and advice i've recieved it definately wont be a drastic alteration - more of a refining procedure. Ideally i'd have the bridge planed down a bit to give a nicer 'curve' profile and maybe have it shortened slightly to give it some balance with my other features. As someone (Rubimarine i think) pointed out, i definately dont want a feminine nose. Does this sound feasible? Harri rightly pointed out in her earlier post that what you can expect is determined by what the surgeon has to start with so i'm hoping this will not be too much to hope for.

The tattooes....... i'll have more than enough time to regret them i expect but for now i kinda like them. I appreciate they're like marmite though so i respect your views :)

And as for smoking.... i know its a filthy habit and thats why i'm on patches as of next month - just waiting for the doctors appointment then its a determined effort to kick the habit. Smoking hinders healing too i'm led to believe and i got wrinkles enough already.....

Couple more questions...

I've read that there can be a lot of sensation loss or numbness after rhinoplasty - is this fact or myth and is it permanent??
Is revision work done like warranty work i.e F.O.C?? lol and if not is it like the initial operation cost all over again?? i'm hoping it wont come to that at all but better to ask now i guess.....
How painful is it post op?? and how soon could i expect to return to work??
And finally (for now at least hehehe) does anyone regret what they've done??

Right i think that covers everything - back to bed......

:)
LuCkY

Postby jaz » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:05 pm

Bahjogger,please mind your language,I don't appreciate you using the word t--t. :plaster: Some of us will find it offensive.
Ironed Out By Matti
jaz
Old Timer

Postby *harri* » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:57 pm

Yes I don't like smoking either. It gives you wrinkles. But you can't tell them can you :pimp:
*harri*
Old Timer

Postby perry » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:50 pm

Hmm I agree not overly keen on tattoos either, but have to confess if I were a young girly again I'd put up with them for a nice looking boyfriend! Smoking would put me off though, sorry.

Lucky, hope you get all the different things you mention sorted out to improve your self esteem, including your nose if you decide that's what you want.
perry

Postby *harri* » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:10 pm

Bahjogger you are right when you say

not believe everything you read in message boards around the web

All he really needs to believe is that rhinoplasty is a difficult op and he needs an expert.

And that information is EVERYWHERE.
*harri*
Old Timer

Postby *harri* » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:07 pm

Perry it was because he said the dreaded words BDD. I too think he should leave well alone. That would be my best advice to anyone considering rhinoplasty unless their nose is all youi see when you look at their face. ):O Noses aren't nearly as importanrt as we think they are (except to breathe threu of course :LOL: ). And that's even truer for men.

The thing that would put me off is the tatoos. But I realise that's a matter of opinion too :LOL: My beautiful daughter has a large horse on one side and a massive bird on the other. ):O She'll so regret. But they want to make their own mistakes. :,(
*harri*
Old Timer

Postby perry » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:04 pm

You're right, he's probably got all the girls after him right now! LOL He really is a nice looking bloke....good job mr perry doesn't read this board!
perry

Postby rubimarine » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:58 pm

Hey,we're all here discussing your shnoz and I bet you're out on the town! :shake:
rubimarine

Postby perry » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:53 pm

"Your nose is a bit large for your face because you have a chisseled face"

[quote="*harri*"]I didn't mean that I thought his nose was large for his face, just that I could see why he might. There's a subtle difference there if you can spot it. :LOL: ]

Sorry I didn't spot the difference Harri! :LOL:

Agree he should leave it alone, he looks good enough to be a model in my humble opinion! xx
perry

Postby Jewels » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:09 pm

Hi Louie

I cant see anything wrong with your nose either to be honest and I do think it suits your face. All I can say is like the others, just do your homework, dont forget to take a list of questions you want answered and be realistic.

This is where I wish I was brave enough to post my pre op and post op photos, my post op pics arent perfect. I had a septo-rhino, my result therefore is improvement not perfection, I still dont have the completely straight nose I would have loved to have, BUT my nose is still tons better than what it was and I also have (I think) a beautiful profile which I didnt have before and I can live quite happily with that.

Some people wouldnt be able to, I have read alot of forums and see people's post op photos where to me, they have had a great result but they cant see it because its not what they had invisualised, and are therefore devastated. Even the best surgeons have limitations of what they can achieve and its just very important to realise that aswell.
Jewels

Postby rubimarine » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:24 pm

You haven't got a big nose.If you have anything done at all,I would make it very slight.Maybe brought closer to your face a touch :?: You don't want to end up with a feminine nose. ):O

Try and get a profile shot for us.

There really is nothing obviously "wrong" with your nose.Believe me,I always notice people's noses first! :LOL:
rubimarine

Postby LuCkY » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:25 pm

Slightly better image of my mug....

I think it depends on the angle, but my profile sucks lol
LuCkY

PreviousNext

Return to Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty)