13 DAYS TO GO

Rhinoplasty (more commonly referred to as a nose job)
Functional Septoplasty

Re: 13 DAYS TO GO

Postby Helene » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:31 pm

More of the same
Helene

Postby Rinoa » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:12 am

I surely well hope so!!! :LOL: The hospital stay is quite a bit of money, they better take care of me. :Rhino:

The hospital Rowe-Jones works at looks as good if not better than a hotel! Seeing as it is quite a large sum of money included in the price, we probably will get more luxury. Do you get a beeper?? I SO want to use one of those.
Rinoa

Postby Nickster » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:46 am

Rinoa...

I think that it might be different here where I live in Vancouver. I'm not sure if the rest of Canada is the same or not. When you pay for the surgery... all costs are included. There are no separate charges for hospital stay, or anything else for that matter. You pay one lump sum to the PS. All patients are to stay at the facility for a few hours and are then sent home. That's it.

Our health care is somewhat on a decline here in Canada. Even expecting mother's only get one night's stay and then they're kicked out! ):O

Sounds like you have a bit more luxury as far as hospital stay goes?

nickster
Nickster

Postby Rinoa » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:25 pm

Me? I'm going with Julian Rowe-Jones, Jilou is going with Basim Matti.
Rinoa

Postby evlambiou2002 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:17 pm

whoes the surgeon ur having?
evlambiou2002

Postby Rinoa » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:10 pm

Haha, we have the same situation then! I want to tell my sister but last time I mentioned that I might be having it done she went completey mental (this was online aswell). :plaster:

My parents have been very supportive, my mum said she wants to stay with me throughout it all, she even said she'd sleep on the floor if possible. I don't think they allow you to stay the night though. And I'm sure I'd be well taken care of. :LOL: {H}
Rinoa

Postby Nickster » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:00 am

That's interesting Rinoa...

I'm the middle daughter of three girls, too! {H}

I told my younger sister days after I booked my op and I didn't even bother to mention it to my older sister until just days before the surgery! I knew that she was going to be more judgemental about it.. I was right about that in the end... she made her comments and I tried to just not listen to her! :,(

At least your parents are amazingly supportive. {H}

nickster
Nickster

Postby Rinoa » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:45 am

Americans love taking the u's out of words - color, humor, labor, favor, etc. :nono:

I am glad I have a younger sibling, my older sister moved out years ago. I still haven't told her I'm getting it done. :disappointed:
Rinoa

Postby Nickster » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:16 am

but I'm sure you know me well enough to can't help my sick sence of humor,or is it humour

It's humour... haha... that's the 'proper' Canadian way of spelling it, anyway... humor is how the Americans spell it!

Rinoa... I laughed at myself constantly when I was wearing my cast. It was always fun at the first glance of the day in the morning. There is an element of shock that never went away for me... especially the day after my surgery when I woke up and looked like the snot had been beaten out of me! :plaster:

You're lucky... my sister doesn't live with me... I live by myself with my two cats and they're useless around the house! :LOL:

nickster
Nickster

Postby jaz » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:58 pm

Mel ,Jillou opp is the 13th, :LOL: dare I say unlucky for some :LOL: :LOL: sorry Jillou,but I'm sure you know me well enough to :LOL: can't help my sick sence of humor,or is it humour :dontknow:
Well 2days to go :pimp: :pimp:I'm feeling excited for you now jillou ):O
I expect you will be back from London now,long day for you,sleep well :kiss:

PS.Are you taking your laptop with you :?:
Ironed Out By Matti
jaz
Old Timer

Postby Nickster » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:19 pm

Yeah... I do remember being plenty bored. I felt like a caged up animal... forever pacing the walls surrounding me! :LOL:

Try to keep yourself busy with just about anything... if you have loyal friends who are willing to spend time with you, take them up on their visitation offers. I suggest anything.. magazines, books, puzzles, knitting, movies... anything to make the time pass. Expect your sleep pattern to change, too... I was uncomfortable for the first few days because I just couldn't get comfortable with my head being elevated. Naps were a blessing. After that, you should get a good night's rest, but time will drag!

My big problem with myself is that I lack in the patience department. Clearly nothing has changed! :LOL:

nickster
Nickster

Postby Rinoa » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:01 pm

Hey Nickster, no I haven't booked yet. They had to get my details together or something and I'm gonna call again tomorrow for the booking! Also I wanted to talk it over a bit more with my family, they don't seem that bothered but think even the 2nd of March is too early. But I think I've had enough time and 3 weeks or so is still a bit of time to get prepared. Isn't after the op the week or two can seem like ages because you can't do much but wait?
Rinoa

Postby Nickster » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:50 pm

Rinoa...

That's in just about a month's time... have you booked the op yet?

The time up until your surgery will seem like years... but once you are post-op time will fly right by! I found this especially after I had the cast removed... I just wanted to get out there and show the world my new face (even tho they didn't know what they were looking at!) :LOL:

I'm really excited for you...

nickster
Nickster

Postby Melanie » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:33 pm

Is it the 12th or 13th, your op, Jill? :dontknow:
Melanie
Old Timer

Postby Rinoa » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:19 pm

I could get mine done in just over a week if I wanted to, LOL. I'm thinking of early/mid March though. I'm even excited for you too, it'll be my turn next! Ahhhhh!! I mean yippeee!!
Rinoa

Next

Return to Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty)