GOOD LUCK RINOA!

Rhinoplasty (more commonly referred to as a nose job)
Functional Septoplasty

Postby jaz » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:36 pm

There's always a bright side to all this,at least you will of lost weight :shake:
Sorry to hear your having a bit of a bum time,drink plenty(water of course) ):O
Ironed Out By Matti
jaz
Old Timer

Postby Rinoa » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:27 pm

And I'm having my cast off this Friday, hopefully that'll make me feel better..
Rinoa

Postby Rinoa » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:26 pm

Yeah.. I've been having soups, infact I'm gonna have some in a min. I really hate being sick, and I really want to blow my nose! ):O
Rinoa

Postby katrina » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:57 pm

If you can drink tea and you like the taste of ginger then that often helps. Sometimes the stale blood slips into your stomach and that's why you are feeling sick you need to eat little but often and something that you really have a notion for but it needs to be light like soup or custard or the like you will feel better soon.
katrina

Postby rubimarine » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:53 pm

Rinoa,it must be horrid being sick after a :Rhino: .
Have you tried something like tomato or chicken soup?I know it's hard to eat anything if you're feeling like that,but the less you eat,the more you'll be prone to feeling sick.Maybe a couple of cream crackers :?:

When's the cast coming off :?: I'm sure you'll feel much better then. :kiss:
rubimarine

Postby Susie » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:47 pm

If I knew I was gonna be feeling like this for so long I don't think I'd have gone through with it.

Now, now Rinoa :hug: Try to be strong girl! :hug:

It won't last long and it is definitely worth it, it will get better I promise you!!!

xxx Susie.
Susie
Old Timer

Postby Rinoa » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:27 pm

I'm still feeling very unwell, vomitted twice last night and that put more pressure on my nose. I'm struggling to eat and sleep a lot and I have a very very runny nose. If I knew I was gonna be feeling like this for so long I don't think I'd have gone through with it. :,(
Rinoa

Postby jaz » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:13 pm

Bit late with the congrats,but hope you are well. :-F
Ironed Out By Matti
jaz
Old Timer

Postby Susie » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:43 am

My surgeon said its ok to stop using them, but hasn't prescribed me anything else.

Don't worry, I was the same. I stopped taking them about four days after the op because they were making me really sick. I wasn't eating much and the pills were strong so they were wrecking my stomach ):O

If RJ doesn't think you need to take anything else you'll be fine. I stopped all medication but kept taking the sleeping pills, I loved them! They made me sleep like a baby... I miss them! I wish I could get my hands on more!! :LOL:

xx Susie.
Susie
Old Timer

Postby Rinoa » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:37 pm

My surgeon said its ok to stop using them, but hasn't prescribed me anything else.
Rinoa

Postby katrina » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:26 pm

The co-amoxiclav is an antibiotic and really you should finish the course they can make you feel a bit nauseated. the voltarol is a non steroidal anti-inflammatory which can cause upset stomach. The best thing to do would be to make sure that the surgeon was happy with you discontinuing the meds because he could prescribe an anti-emetic to stop the nausea and curb the sickness.
katrina

Postby Rinoa » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:02 pm

Ah.. Yeah I'm allowed to stop taking them all too, thank god.
Rinoa

Postby *harri* » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:46 pm

The pills made Susie sick too. :,( Matti told her she could stop taking all of them, even the antibiotics.
*harri*
Old Timer

Postby Rinoa » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:18 pm

Hi katrina, I've been taking co-amoxiclav and voltarol tablets.
Rinoa

Postby katrina » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:06 pm

What's the name of the tablets you are taking?

When you have the plaster off they usually use a cotton bud dipped in a solution to remove sticky plasters which makes the cast easy to come off you really will feel next to nothing just the tickling of the cotton bud under the cast.
katrina

PreviousNext

Return to Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty)