GOOD LUCK RINOA!

Rhinoplasty (more commonly referred to as a nose job)
Functional Septoplasty

Postby Rinoa » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:37 pm

I had some really bad nights, those damn tablets they gave me have made me sick all the time. ):O
Rinoa

Postby APatel » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:00 am

My skin was awful after all the bandages went off because obviously it hadn't been washed properly and things... took a few weeks to get it back to normal... as for the gunk stuff, it's the worst part of nose surgery... breathing in and out and literally tasting dry blood in your nose... YUMMY lol
APatel

Postby Rinoa » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am

Patience... I'm so bad at that.

Another thing I've noticed, my forehead is pretty oily lately. I hear people can get crappy skin after, why is that exactly?
Rinoa

Postby Jilou » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:21 pm

:-F

Hi Rinoa

You sound much better and more cheery. I found the gunk up the nose really frustrating, not being able to blow and all that. :disappointed: Even with the diluted peroxide, no sooner had I carefully dissolved as much as I dared, than the following day they were back. ):O

Now 3 weeks Monday, that has almost stopped. :LOL: The internal stitches have all gone and now just waiting for the breathing to be back to normal. Matti says up to 3 months!!!

Oh well patience , -SNAIL- patience, -SNAIL- patience. -SNAIL-

You take care

Jilou :kiss:
Jilou

Postby Rinoa » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:06 pm

I'm feeling much better lately thanks duck. :hug:
Rinoa

Postby duck » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:21 am

well done Rinoa....hope you are feeling better :-F
duck

Postby Rinoa » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:33 am

That's great Nickster, thanks! :-F
Rinoa

Postby Nickster » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:16 am

Hey Rinoa...

I was prescribed Bactroban Ointment too! I was told to use it for the stitches... it works well, just don't put too much on, it gets kinda gooey.

Eventually one evening my stitches just fell out.... the only thing I had to go back to see my PS a week later for was to have the cast removed. No pain at all... in fact it's a major relief! And a victorous moment, might I add too... it was great to the final result!

nickster
Nickster

Postby Rinoa » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:54 am

I've been using "Bacfroban Nasal Ointment", my parents want me only using what I've been subscribed. :dontknow:

I had porridge for breakfast today, something I've never had before! :LOL:

Hopefully everything will turn out ok.

:hug:
Rinoa

Postby JJ10 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:20 pm

Have you tried saline solution at all? That'll help get rid of al the gunk in your nose, but try not too blow when you use it!

As for what your nose looks like ... you'll see plenty of changes over the next 12 months, so, unless there is something that looks very wrong then you'll probably be ok.

Remember to drink lots of water, avoid salt, and eat lots of healthy stuff.

You're young - you'll heal quickly :pimp:
JJ10

Postby Nickster » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:19 pm

Great to hear you're back, Girl!

Don't even think about judging anything about your nose as of yet... it drove me crazy too! You really can't even tell what anything looks like until the cast comes off anyway...

Cotton buds, or Q-tips as we call them here, are wondrous inventions! I was advised to clean out the base of my nostrils 2-3 times a day with a diluted peroxide.

Happy Healing my dear! :kiss:

nickster
Nickster

Postby Rinoa » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:03 pm

I used some cotton buds to make space for air on the outside because I couldn't stand it. I didn't hurt myself, so I'm hoping I didn't do anything to ruin it. It's made a big difference though. And I still feel all clogged up, lots of dry blood still there. :disappointed:
Rinoa

Postby thatkid19 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:54 pm

lucky! i had surgery on wednesday and havent been able to breath through my nose since... my nose is FULL of dried up blood and like ive read everywhere (internet + post op advice from surgeon) that you shouldnt touch inside your nose.. i cant do anything about it... ah well
thatkid19

Postby Rinoa » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:52 pm

LOL, typo! SOUP! :LOL:
Rinoa

Postby *harri* » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:45 pm

Was the soap nice :?:
*harri*
Old Timer

PreviousNext

Return to Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty)