GOOD LUCK RINOA!

Rhinoplasty (more commonly referred to as a nose job)
Functional Septoplasty

Postby Rinoa » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:36 pm

I've used some of the prescriptions, I can breathe much better through my nose now that quite a lot of the gunk has gone. ):O Had some sleep earlier too.

Doing a lot better, I can actually eat aswell now. Had some pineapple, fruits and some soap. :newsncoffee: No sickness.

Hopefully the worst has gone, is there anything else I should watch out for in the days to come? Does the cast hurt coming off for anyone? I'm having mine off on Friday.

I've noticed something odd, one of my nostrils looks uneven to the other and that made me panic a bit. I assume its the pressure of the cast or something, but will it stay this way? Maybe I shouldn't judge anything for a good few weeks yet. :LOL:
Rinoa

Postby Susie » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:56 pm

Well done Rinoa :-F

You take it easy now, you'll be back to normal before you know it, let people pamper you while you can! :hug:

xx Susie.
Susie
Old Timer

Postby *harri* » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:23 pm

I'm usually sick after anaesthetics too although I wasn't with my last rhino. :,( I hate those people who come straight back from theatre and demand their lunch. ):O

I have read coco cola helps but it seems it's full of benzene.

They can give you drugs to help with nausea.

Anyway the worst is over, the new nose is still to come. :hug:
*harri*
Old Timer

Postby perry » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:50 pm

Well done Rinoa! :-F

I remember how itchy the plaster was on my eyebrows! In the end I was sticking pointy objects under the plaster to get to them so I could have a good ol' itch.

Least you were concious when you came back to the room. I was still out of it and trying to pull the plaster off and escape from bed...had to be restrained by my husband!

The week will soon go if you can keep yourself occupied. I sat up reading and sipping drinks through straws. :newsncoffee:
perry

Postby rubimarine » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:36 pm

Welcome back,Rinoa!

Glad everything went to plan.So when is the cast coming off :?: Bet you want to have a sneaky peek! :kiss:
rubimarine

Postby Jilou » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:13 pm

:-F

Well done Rinoa

Sorry to hear you were/are not feeling too good. Still, you have done it girl.

I am now 3 weeks on Monday post op. The breathing is tons better, but as a precaution I am keeping propped up at night with one of those ' v ' shaped pillows.

As for the gunk eew. I was given 6% hydrogen peroxide to be diluted by 50% and told to soak a cotton bud and clean out GENTLY. There is fizzing, but it softens the ' crusties ' and that helps to remove them and ease the breathing.

I am still sniffing as I feel as I have a constant cold without the runs - quite difficult to explain.

But no sign of a nose job!!! Can face the world world with confidence!!

So don't dispair you have a lovely new nose.

Jilou :kiss:
Jilou

Postby APatel » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:58 pm

Woah good effort to get online so quick.. then again, I was online the next day after my nose surgery too :LOL:

Don't worry about the dried up blood etc... I know it's really ickky at the start, but when you get your bandages etc. off, you will probably be able to clean it out - I recommend salt water up the nose with a syrenge. Disinfects inside and makes it too get rid off all the gunk...

Yeh the waking up feeling is always surreal don't ya think... my first time I woke up feeling like hell... splitting headache, etc. etc... but I also looked like I had been in the worst car collision ever.. black and blue eyes to a new extreme!! 2nd time was cool... nurse woke me up and said it's over handsome :-F and I felt fine.. probably cause there was no visible bruising!

Anyway, happy your op went well... sounds gr8 and I bet you'll love your new nose.. let us know on Friday what you think...
APatel

Postby Jilou » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:10 am

:-F
Hear from you soon :Rhino: girl!!

Jilou :kiss:
Jilou

Postby pats » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:51 pm

thinking of you...............x
pats

Postby Rinoa » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:27 am

Going to leave the house soon, my mum seems more nervous than me! :LOL:

Bye everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thanks again! :kiss:
Rinoa

Postby Jilou » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:48 am

:-F :-F

Good luck Rinoa. I shall be thinking of you. {H}

Happy recovery.

Love Jilou xxxx
Jilou

Postby Nickster » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:51 am

Hey Young Lady!

I'll be thinking of you too... take care! {H} {H}

nickster
Nickster

Postby jaz » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:45 am

All the best :-F
Ironed Out By Matti
jaz
Old Timer

Postby Rinoa » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:49 pm

Yay! I'm excited still but feeling very nervous as its only a matter of hours..

Thanks for the messages everyone! I'll be back as soon as I can (if I'm feeling up to it) to tell you about it all. As I know I will be very bored at home with a cast on my face. :Rhino:

Can't believe its here already! I'd probably chicken out at the last minute and run off to the car in my beautiful outfit. :LOL:

I bought (and will buy) some DVD's and Games so I'd have something to entertain myself with in the recovery period.

I'm terrified of waking up during the op. That is one of my worst nightmares! :LOL: Or if something goes wrong during the operation, ahhh. :,(

I should be on Friday. :kiss:
Rinoa

Postby APatel » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:30 pm

Good luck chicken
APatel

PreviousNext

Return to Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty)