I had the surgery - before and after photos!

Rhinoplasty (more commonly referred to as a nose job)
Functional Septoplasty

Re: I had the surgery - before and after photos!

Postby LostSplendor » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:54 am

Thank you :) I hope it is swelling though. Sometimes I feel it and it feels hard!
LostSplendor

Postby alliosso » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:48 am

Thanks for the pictures! It looks good and not wide at all! You can see that you still got a lot of swelling especially on the bridge!
alliosso

Postby LostSplendor » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:38 am

I had surgery with Basim Matti in London and at the Weymouth Hospital.
LostSplendor

Postby alliosso » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:29 am

Hi,

Could I please see your pictures, I'm having surgery end of this month! Who did you have your surgery with ?
alliosso

I had the surgery - before and after photos!

Postby LostSplendor » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:11 am

Hello, some of you might remember me and some might not. I had only posted one messaging asking about opinions for a curved or straight nose.

I had my septo-rhinoplasty almost 3 weeks ago and I thought I would share my experience and photos.

I was very nervous before surgery. When the nurse took my stats, he told me my heart was beating too fast and I needed to calm down otherwise they would not be able to operate! My surgeon reminded me of everything he was going to do and asked me again whether I wanted a curve or not. In the end I asked for a very slight curve.

Next thing I know, I wake up in the recovery room. People say they didn't feel pain at all, but I did. It wasn't horrific, but I would say 7/10 on the pain scale. After a while, being moved back to my room and being made to eat, the nurse gave me painkiller which did help. Then I went home.

The first few nights were awful in terms of sleep. My throat was hurting from being intubated and I kept having to sip water from having a dry mouth as I had to breathe through my nose. But time went by and 7 days later I went to have my stitches and cast removed. It was slightly painful, but nothing I couldn't handle.

As soon as I saw my new nose my initial reaction was 'OMG IT IS TOO SHORT AND SO WIDE'. The surgeon and nurse reassured me that it was the swelling that was making my nose wide, and it seemed short because my upper lip was very swollen and my top lip had dropped (they cut the muscle during surgery to prevent my tip from dropping). I was assured I would get my smile back because at the time, my smile was distorted, my lip was covering my top teeth which was unusual. I was pleased with the side view, but as you can see from my photos, there was still a slight bump. Again, I was told this was swelling.

The past week and a half, since I have had the cast off, I have seen many changes. The bump that I still had fluctuates. Some days it's more evident, some days it disappears, so I do hope it's swelling! I can smile normally again which is good, but I still think my nose is short. My family and friends tell me that I only think that because I was used to my nose looking longer due to the bump and the dropping tip. I like my side views but I dislike looking at myself front on in the mirror because I still think my nose is too wide and the tip is bulbous. You can see in the photos what I mean. I hope that it is like this temporarily and that it is only wider because of swelling, and I hope my tip becomes more refined. It's only been a week and a half since my cast removal, and I know I should be patient but I am worried that it is permanently going to be like that from the front view :(

Did anybody else experience the same?

And for the best part... the photos!
Please pm. me for the password

https://www.picturetrail.com/lostsplendor888
LostSplendor

Previous

Return to Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty)