Sandalls update!! dr ion 7 months on photos

Rhinoplasty (more commonly referred to as a nose job)
Functional Septoplasty

Re: Sandalls update!! dr ion 7 months on photos

Postby BettySwollocks » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:06 am

KarenMarie wrote:Hello :)

sorry i haven't been in touch.
my old account used to be under username sandalls. But i had trouble logging in, so i created a new one!

it's been 7 months since my op with Dr Ion, i'm healing well. i had my check back in may, he was pleased with how things were healing i didn't need any steroid injections which is always good!

i still have a lot of uneven swelling, well when i say a lot not as bad as some i suppose, it's just noticeable to me I guess! i have found my profiles look different each side, one side seems more turned up then the other but i am wondering if this is just swelling, has anybody else had this problem at my sort of stage? I like one side alot more than the other :) i know i still have a long way to go!

i also want to know peoples experiences after 7 months and how their tip changed, did the tip projection decrease? and also did anybody find if it dropped anymore? the swelling in my bridge has completely gone pretty much but i think i still have quite a bit in the tip!

id love to hear peoples experiences after 7 months post op :)

here are my updated pics! Password is nosenose you may have to enter it twice.
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/l ... renmarie88

hope you are all doing well its nice to be back on here!

Karen x :-F

Beautiful result! Very natural looking. Thanks for sharing! I can see what you mean about the slight uneveness. Its barely noticable and still looks great.

Your pre op nose is VERY similiar to mine. Can I ask what Ion did? I'm booked in with Matti soon and I'm terrified!
BettySwollocks

Postby JackJaw » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:36 am

I think it looks great, although I can see what you mean about one side being more swollen than the other - what has Ion said about that?

The most striking thing for me is the similarity of the morph to your post-op photo he took in May - that is incredible, and I can't believe how accurate his morph was.

Overall, would you say you are pleased with how things have gone?
JackJaw

Postby miss miaow » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:34 am

TimJones wrote:

i still have a lot of uneven swelling, well when i say a lot not as bad as some i suppose, it's just noticeable to me I guess! i have found my profiles look different each side, one side seems more turned up then the other but i am wondering if this is just swelling, has anybody else had this problem at my sort of stage? I like one side alot more than the other :) i know i still have a long way to go!

i also want to know peoples experiences after 7 months and how their tip changed, did the tip projection decrease? and also did anybody find if it dropped anymore? the swelling in my bridge has completely gone pretty much but i think i still have quite a bit in the tip!

Hi
yes my profiles are different from each side,one is straight while the other has a curve to it..I'm way past the swelling stage as I had the rhinoplasty over a year ago.The right side is bigger than the left.And swelling in the morning for instance makes my nose wider than pre nose job!
The tip dropped and now I have basically a straight nose when i wanted a curved one,it really needs lifting to suit my face as this does nothing for me atm.
I never thought I would go through all that and then need another nose job,you live and learn.

Some swelling can take a long time to resolve,so give yourself a year and you might find everything has sorted itself out,its a slow process. xx
miss miaow

Postby TimJones » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:09 am

your angle of divergence or angle of rotation might be slightly high, cant remember which, swelling could be playing a part? i dont know. i have had swelling night time for over three years, goes down during the day. so if i took a photo of myself in the morning my profile would be slightly different to later in the day.
TimJones

Postby JennyM » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:21 pm

Hi Karen,

That's a beautiful result. Congratulations! I can't see any flaws or unevenness at all. It's somehow a massive improvement without having been drastically altered. I don't think it could be any more perfect.

Jen x
JennyM

Postby septal gee » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Hello Karen,

I had swelling for about two years and then a period where my nose would swell up and then settle back down constantly for around a further two years. After about four and a half years I felt that my nose had completely healed and it no longer had any swelling.

The shape of my nose really did not change much from seven months to now.

It may be that my nose was more difficult, or my surgeon was not as good as yours so your swelling could go more quickly than mine did. Someone who has had a similar operation with the same surgeon might be in a better position to offer you some advice on this.

Putting your pictures up was a brave thing to do and it is something that I have not had the bottle to do so far.
septal gee

Sandalls update!! dr ion 7 months on photos

Postby KarenMarie » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:15 pm

Hello :)

sorry i haven't been in touch.
my old account used to be under username sandalls. But i had trouble logging in, so i created a new one!

it's been 7 months since my op with Dr Ion, i'm healing well. i had my check back in may, he was pleased with how things were healing i didn't need any steroid injections which is always good!

id love to hear peoples experiences after 7 months post op :)

here are my updated pics! Password is nosenose you may have to enter it twice.
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/l ... renmarie88

hope you are all doing well its nice to be back on here!

KarenMarie

Return to Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty)