consultations

Rhinoplasty (more commonly referred to as a nose job)
Functional Septoplasty

Re: consultations

Postby Arsenal » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:36 pm

I do not understand those who go to the high street companies, have a free consultation with a "nurse" and put a deposit down before meeting with a surgeon. Two problems here. A) You are meeting a "practitioner" who has zero clue about the procedure other than the breast strokes she's been told. And B) You have been pressurised into putting down a deposit in order to meet a surgeon (who is a jack of all trades).
Save up and pay the consultation fees. They may seem a lot, but in the grand scheme of things if you're will to pay thousands for the procedure, a couple of hundred more to see an expert is not going to make much difference.
Arsenal

consultations

Postby TimJones » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:20 pm

just wanted to make a post on what is often ignored regarding plastic surgery, the value of consultations. surgens and patients often wrongly spend minimum time on the consultation process before surgery.

This problem is very real, i know of some clinics who dont even include the surgeon in the consultations, and just use a nurse who will discuss surgery and show you a couple of before after photographs. disgraceful, potentially very harmful, and likely malpractice.

the consultation process needs to be very thorough and should take at absolute minimum 3 consultations pre surgery with a particular surgeon.
the surgeon should produce a report for you with details of your existing nose and what the problems the patient would like addressing. you should get morphed images of those changes to see if thats really how you want to appear. and not just a profile.

hence why i think one off consultation prices are not really high at all if you get good quality consultations from a surgeon. i have experienced very poor quality consultations, especially when they are free, so beware of those and the surgeons who do them.

there is always a psychological element to wanting to change your apperance, to be more confident, to improve what you percieve as being a problem with your appearance that needs resolving with surgery. often other people dont have the same perception as yourself, and this is because you place an emotional response to what you see.

the consequences of perception can be very serious when you and the surgeon are not working togeather. being traumatised with the result of surgery, anxiety during the healing process and especially when surgery has gone wrong should never be underestimated.
TimJones

Return to Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty)