living with a rib graft?

Rhinoplasty (more commonly referred to as a nose job)
Functional Septoplasty

Re: living with a rib graft?

Postby thenose » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:31 pm

i don't think i can name him without posting pictures, but he's supposed to be good. i don't want to say anything bad about him as well, i'm still very early post op and healing. i posted this not to criticise doctors but to get opinions about rib grafts. sorry, if i cannot answer your question :(
thenose

Postby amben_x » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:21 pm

May I know your reputed doctor in London?
amben_x

Postby thenose » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:08 am

hi septal gee,

it was my 3rd op around 3 weeks ago in London with a reputable doctor, after a botched one last year with a different doctor, after which almost no cartilage was left in my nose. i needed a rib for lengthening and pretty much everything (not sure why this time the surgeon didn't use ear for certain parts).

overall, it is not a bad job, but there are things i'm still unhappy about, such as over projection and some dents, which i don't think will go away with time. i think i look kinda normal-ish, but don't really feel like myself, if it makes sense.

since i'm only 3 weeks in, i don't think i can give a valid reviews of a rib discomfort, as this may be just the post op healing sensations. i'm hoping for the best, but already thinking about a revision, maybe in the US this time. or maybe here with the same doctor, since he didn't do a horrible job. healing and the final result will tell. but sadly, i think i'll need a revision.

do you know how hard it is to revise/trim the rib? i keep thinking about it.

i was hoping for some responses from people who live (hopefully happily) with rib grafts...

sorry for a long message...
thenose

Postby septal gee » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:43 pm

Hello thenose,

I am guessing that you do not what to divulge too much information about yourself or your surgeon, but this is a topic that interests me as well.

Could I ask a little about your case and why it was felt that you needed rib to be used / how far into the healing process you are? I would also be interested to know if you had this surgery in the UK or if you had to go abroad / was this your first operation?

If I take a risk on further surgery I am looking at rib being used and I am a little concerned about what it would feel like to have rib in my nose.
septal gee

Postby thenose » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:27 pm

hi again, sorry, i cannot PM anyone yet as i don't have 10 posts. please email me! misschevengur@gmail.com

xxx
thenose

living with a rib graft?

Postby thenose » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:50 am

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum, but have been reading it for a while and having nose problems for a while now too. I just had a surgery with a rib graft, and of course it feels weird. How do people having them feel about them? Does the graft restrict your facial movements? Does it feel artificial all the time or does it get better? Does it constantly remind about itself in everyday life? All responses very much appreciated. Thanks.
thenose

Return to Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty)