Advice

Rhinoplasty (more commonly referred to as a nose job)
Functional Septoplasty

Re: Advice

Postby Jammy1 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Hi Elvie,

Same situation so can relate. Have you considered consulting with other surgeons? I could be wrong but last I heard Ian Mackay retired?

I guess your on Realself? Plenty of reviews on there with lots of photos. If you haven't already, check out Lucion Ion.
Jammy1

Advice

Postby Elvie99 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I had rhinoplasty in 2010 and have never been happy with the results. I went with Ian Mackay so a very reputable surgeon but my nose still looks distorted. I was offered a revision, only having to pay the hospital and anesthetist fees a while ago. This is still a lot of money. I'm not sure he would still make this offer as was in 2012. Is Ian Mackay known for being very conservative? I worry that I will spend more money and still not be happy. I chose Ian Mackay as I thought this would guarantee not having to have a revision. I posted pictures on another plastic surgery board and 2 surgeons said it looked like I have never had rhinoplasty. Very disheartening. Any advice, information would be much appreciated. I may well post some photos at a later date.

Thanks,

Elvie
Elvie99

Return to Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty)