old swelling post op posts

Rhinoplasty (more commonly referred to as a nose job)
Functional Septoplasty

Old swelling post op posts

Postby Helene » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:22 am

Moving some old posts
Helene

Re: Swelling post op

Postby Tinydancer83 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:40 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum and haven't had Rhino surgery but I can tell you what Ive learnt from previous surgeries...

Arnica is great stuff, start taking it before the op if you can - and keep up the recommended dosage until the swelling and bruising has gone.

Eat well, pre and post op. Leafy greens, fruit - pineapple and makuna honey was recommended for healing.

I also asked the 2 Rhino consultants I have met so far about recovery - I was told by both to keep the splint on for as long as possible, or until they say it should come off- as this reduces swelling. I asked about cold compresses on eyes and cheeks- and both agreed - so long as I was gentle.

You could also use make up for bruising and contouring if you do have swelling.

Hope this helps but I'm sure you will get some advice based on direct experience from the other folks on this site :)
Tinydancer83

Postby bigglesandbilo » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:05 am

I've got my surgery booked for october 22nd. I've only got two weeks booked off from work and i am REALLY concerned about the swelling. I'm having open rhino to reduce a bump and make my tip less bulbous. I've already told colleagues at work, as i know it will be very obvious surgery but are there any ways i can reduce the swelling? thanks.
bigglesandbilo

Postby Mokey » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Swelling can last a very long time, some things often get mentioned as increasing the amount and longevity of swelling:

- Scar tissue from previous rhinoplasty
- Thick skin
- Open approach
- Extensive tip work

Sadly all of these things apply to me!

Here's a thread I found that shows swelling can last years!
http://www.plasticsurgeryspot.com/nose- ... lasty.html
Mokey

Postby supepriccrillo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:57 pm

Hello Moralez9

I am due for a primary in 2/3 weeks. What vitamins/creams are available to aid reduction in swelling?

Anyone else have any recommendations?
supepriccrillo

Postby Moralez9 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:27 pm

I read somewhere that theres vitamins that help reduce the amount of swelling, you take it before and after your op
Moralez9

Postby Ella3 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Amongst other problems (you can read my posts!) I am very concerned about swelling in my mid bridge area (my upper lateral cartilage) I had open procedure but other than that this area wasn't touched on my nose.. It has ended up making my tip look too pointy and just plain odd... I hope your swelling in your tip has gone down- seems like that is very normal as I have researched all these sites exhaustively!!!! The tip can look bigger before swelling subsides. With my situation , I am having trouble finding answers and info if this "swelling" will subside. How is your swelling now?
Ella3

Postby maybellineo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:43 pm

Nose Job Rhinoplasty wrote:I had my rhinoplasty in Dec 2011, therefore its been 5 months. My nose looks rounder and plumpier than my old nose.... how can I tell if this is swelling or the new nose shape?? Please help, would love to hear from anyone who can advise me on this.

If you had an open surgery, (where they cut the collumella) then you may have 18 months of swelling. Meaning it will come and go and change all the way till 18 months post op. That is not to say that you won't luck out and have less time for swelling, but your nose can change all the way up to that time with an open procedure. A closed surgery is different. Less swelling to begin with but the Dr. is limited in what he can see and do. Everything is done through the nostrils.

Maybellineo
maybellineo

Postby matvee85 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Hello, I have had a septo-rhinoplasty in december 2011 and now my nose is definitely healed and no swelling is present. The much swelling settle down in first 2-3 months where you can see the final shape of your nose, after settle down a little bit in the following months. This because I have thin skin but this doesn't works for ppl with thick skin maye like you so be patient and it will take imho 3 or 4 months again.

All the best and remember to massage your nose each time you can.
matvee85

Postby Nose Job Rhinoplasty » Tue May 15, 2012 8:16 pm

I had my rhinoplasty in Dec 2011, therefore its been 5 months. My nose looks rounder and plumpier than my old nose.... how can I tell if this is swelling or the new nose shape?? Please help, would love to hear from anyone who can advise me on this.
Nose Job Rhinoplasty

Swelling post op

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:22 pm

Hi everyone there is a little new forum on top of this page viewforum.php?f=113

It's all about swelling you don't "have" to post there also there is a bit of info there that might be useful to some post-op people.

Also please please remember to fill in your details again higher up on this page.

Return to Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty)