Probably going ahead with a revision :(

Rhinoplasty (more commonly referred to as a nose job)
Functional Septoplasty

Re: Probably going ahead with a revision :(

Postby Jammy1 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:11 pm

Hi!

I was frequent same time as you. Did you have same username? Good luck with your consultation with Lucion. Great guy! I've got my revision surgery booked with him along with a couple of other procedures. When are you seeing him?
Jammy1

Probably going ahead with a revision :(

Postby msweet » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:43 pm

Hi everyone!

So I was kind of a frequenter of this forum years back. 2010 now I think it was! I had my primary surgery done with Ian McKay and that was both a rhinoplasty and a septoplasty.

Dr McKay did a great job correcting my deviated septum, which was one of the worst he'd apparently ever seen and blocked the entire left side of my nose! But, although I was initially pleased with my rhinoplasty, several years on I'm really unhappy again.
My nose is much fuller visibly on one side than it is on the other now, the tip appears to have dropped a lot again and the bump on the bridge has reformed very visibly (the asymmetry making it look worse from one side again). A weird bump has also formed closer to the tip which pushes against the kind-of-concave side of my nose giving it a really weird shape, especially in bright daylight.
It's so unfortunate, because for the first few months my nose did look great and very in proportion, but as time has gone by I've decided I'm unhappy enough for a revision. It's still a significant improvement on my old nose, which was horrendous, but seeing a result you like then to have it disappear is so gutting. I don't know what happened, but the structure inside my nose feels so bumpy and weird now and with the dropped tip it just looks bad.

Painful to have to think about spending that money again, as Ian McKay has retired now I have to pay for the whole shebang all over again! But I've booked myself in with Dr Ion for a consultation and, well, I guess I'm back here in the boat again!
msweet

Return to Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty)