One step closer

Rhinoplasty (more commonly referred to as a nose job)
Functional Septoplasty

Re: One step closer

Postby admin » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:53 pm

Why?
admin

Postby *harri* » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:45 pm

I think you will have to wait a few weeks to see any of the good names. That's life. :,(
*harri*
Old Timer

Postby Rinoa » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:29 pm

Lol, yeah I'm just an impatient person. But seeing as I'd need to wait a few weeks to see Matti, just wondering if I could see anyone sooner.
Rinoa

Postby *harri* » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:20 pm

Most people think a wating list is a good sign. :LOL:
You'll get nothing by being in a rush - just a bad nose job.
I waited 8 weeks to see Rowe-Jones.
*harri*
Old Timer

Postby Rinoa » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:51 pm

Matti's not doing any consultations untill the 15th of November. I'd rather see someone sooner. It was so easy to get one with Malik. ):O
Any other names?
Rinoa

Postby *harri* » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:01 pm

A lot of the older more traditional surgeons probably have big desks. In my experience Matti didn't stay behind his very long. He came to my side of the desk to look at my nose and never went back. Surgery is a very hands on business after all. The desk is probably a family heirloom or something.
But Rowe-Jones had a more modern approach. A small desk you sat at side by side. Initially more friendly but not actually meaningful in the long term. Nobody has ever criticised Matti's bedside manner or aftercare. I'm sure the same is true for Rowe-Jones as well.
I do know what Amy means but I don't think it's a real criterion to select your surgeon by.
*harri*
Old Timer

Postby Rinoa » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:54 pm

I enjoyed reading it too.
I agree with Kit, I thought her profile wasn't bad. But its much better now. :clap:
All her consults didn't seem that great. Is Dr Matti's desk really that off putting? :LOL:
Rinoa

Postby KIT » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:42 pm

I found the other link too but it wasn't the website link I was referring to.

Aw - thanx harri :kiss: Your'e a star too :clap: - but surely you already know that - don't you? :LOL: :LOL:
So that's Amy - she had a good result - major change to her front pics! Her profile was'nt bad to start with (I don't think so anyway) but it was even better post surgery!! :clap:
I have rung his secretary to ask her if he regularly carries out revisions (hopefully though, not his own :LOL: )
Will post her response next week! :attention!:
KIT
Old Timer

Postby Melanie » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:19 pm

I enjoyed reading that.
Melanie
Old Timer

Postby *harri* » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:28 pm

I found Amy's diary. :LOL: I'm sure she won't mind me posting the link. I don't want to revive old arguments but she had a lot of heated debates with a certain -SNAIL- about ENTs and plastic surgeons.
http://rhino.f2g.net/
*harri*
Old Timer

Postby *harri* » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:18 pm

Why don't you ask Boni in a separate thread. :?: I found the other link too but it wasn't the website link I was referring to.
*harri*
Old Timer

Postby KIT » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:23 pm

Thanx Rubimarine! :-F
Your are a star! :kiss:
KIT
Old Timer

Postby KIT » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:22 pm

His website seems to have gone

I couldn't find anything on him when I did a google search either! :dontknow:
Boni - when you are next on site - please let me know what you think of him?
I might try another google on Guidford hospitals - might find him on one of those! :attention!:
KIT
Old Timer

Postby *harri* » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:06 pm

Why do you think he didn't show you ones similar to yours? Can't you hear the alarm bells?
Rowe-Jones searched his 800+ database of noses to show me ones that had bits similar to mine. He hadn't got a real match and said so. But he showed me how he could repair a bridge with ear. He also showed me how he had repaired a nostril but wouldn't do the same for me. He said 'less is more'. He only wanted to attempt the bridge. He was very honest and showed me some less than perfect results but said the patient was satisfied.
Matti showed me 2 very botched noses he had rebuilt. He said one was worse than mine and the other not as bad. He made me no false promises.
Dai Davies showed me a skull being drilled.
Pictures of noses not like yours are no good to you. All the doctors I consulted could have shown me perfect noses. But they would have been wasting their time and mine.
*harri*
Old Timer

Postby Rinoa » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:54 pm

Maybe whenever I see someone with a bump and generally a larger nose on their faces I think they look similar to mine. :dontknow:
Oh he did show me before and after pics, I didn't think he was meant to show me ones that looked similar to mine. The ones he showed me were all different. Most of them were minor changes though, I think he could have shown us better pics. But they were good. I probably should have asked if he had any similar to mine.. Too late now.
If I had come in alone maybe I would have got a better response, it felt like my mum was taking over the consultation at times. But she just wants to make sure we pick the right surgeon.
On my next consult I'll make sure to ask for before and after pics they think look similar to my nose.
Rinoa

Next

Return to Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty)