One step closer

Rhinoplasty (more commonly referred to as a nose job)
Functional Septoplasty

Postby Rinoa » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:33 pm

Oh and I'll make sure I have a list of questions before I go in next week. I'll definatly need that incase I forget it all, with my memory thats very likely. :LOL:
Rinoa

Postby Rinoa » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:20 pm

Only you can make that decision I'm afraid... What's good for one person may not be good for another. It all boils down to how difficult your nose is and, to some extent, to luck too!

That's very true. I'm hopeing he tells me the truth about my nose and how hard/easy it would be for him to do. I don't want him taking me for a ride. That's why I was just wondering if anyone could tell me he was trustworthy enough. :-F
Did you go on your own or did your parents go with you? If so, what did they think? Maybe they could go with you to your consultation next Tuesday, it helps to have somebody else's point of view. Before you make a decision do a bit more research on the procedure and on your surgeon. Also, compile a list of questions you'd like to ask him, don't leave any questions out, you need as much information as possible before you can make your mind up. Perhaps have a second consultation with someone else just to get another opinion and compare, I know it's expensive but it's definitely worth it, there are enough unhappy postop patients out there

I think it would have been very hard for me to go on my own, my mum insisted to come. My dad's at work so couldn't. My mum talked more than me I think, lol. She explained what would look good for me really and my medical history. I got my nose broken when I was about 5 and I didn't remember those details enough so her being there helped answer some of her questions too. We just listened to the Nurse and asked a few questions. Nothing unexpected really. My mum seemed OK with it all.
I could go for other consultations but then I think they'd just say the same thing. If we don't like Malik I'll get a second opinion though. But If I'm happy enough it should be ok? If I had the money I'd pay for more, but I don't want to be spending all this money on consultation after consultation. If it was mine I wouldn't mind, I wish I could pay for it all but I wouldn't get that amount of money to spend for years yet. :LOL:
Rinoa

Postby Susie » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:00 pm

Would you guys say Malik is a good choice and he'd be a good one to go with?

Hi Rinoa,
Only you can make that decision I'm afraid... What's good for one person may not be good for another. It all boils down to how difficult your nose is and, to some extent, to luck too!
Did you go on your own or did your parents go with you? If so, what did they think? Maybe they could go with you to your consultation next Tuesday, it helps to have somebody else's point of view. Before you make a decision do a bit more research on the procedure and on your surgeon. Also, compile a list of questions you'd like to ask him, don't leave any questions out, you need as much information as possible before you can make your mind up. Perhaps have a second consultation with someone else just to get another opinion and compare, I know it's expensive but it's definitely worth it, there are enough unhappy postop patients out there :,(
Good luck and let us know how things go.
xx Susie.
Susie
Old Timer

Postby Rinoa » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:24 pm

Hey everyone, just got back from London.
It went OK, I went in. Everyone was really nice. The nurse went through everything and answered my questions, though for some reason I felt she was rushing. She asked me what sort of date I'd want surgery, I haven't really thought that far yet. It'll cost exactly £3800, she said if you wanted to book a certain date I'd need to pay a deposit. I don't like the idea of having to pay money before, just incase I changed my mind or something near the end for whatever reason.
Anyway, I asked about Malik. She said hes one of their best surgeons and even mentioned about her friend who got rhinoplasty from him too. I've got a consultation with him next tuesday! Which cost £75. Eek, I don't want a blood test! I hate needles. :LOL:
Would you guys say Malik is a good choice and he'd be a good one to go with? She told me hes very good and gave me his qualifactions and what not, but then again she'd say anything aslong as they got paid. :viking:
Can't believe this is actually happening! I'm really excited about all of this. The only thing I'm worried about is if he did something wrong to my nose, I don't want to pay for one worse than the one I have now. Especially as its my parents money.
Rinoa

Postby Susie » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:52 pm

I guess I didn't know much about how consultations work, lol. I thought I'd get a surgeon at the consultation and wondered if I had a chance with getting him?

Rinoa, YOU are the client and YOU do the choosing. Find a surgeon you feel confident with and book with him. Don't let a clinic dictate who you can or can't see. It's no different from going to a shop, picking what you want to buy and actually buying it, you wouldn't let the shop assistant tell you what you can or cannot buy, would you?
Good luck on Monday, keep us posted.
xxx Susie.
Susie
Old Timer

Postby Rinoa » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:40 pm

*harri* wrote:I was a bit puzzled when you asked I wonder if I can get Mr Malik. Why shouldn't you get him. You can get any surgeon you want if you can pay his fees and are prepared to wait for him. Why should you settle for anybody else? :?:

I guess I didn't know much about how consultations work, lol. I thought I'd get a surgeon at the consultation and wondered if I had a chance with getting him? I'm so new to this! Well I'll see if I can contact him if I don't like anyone else. I'll keep you guys posted. :viking:
Rinoa

Postby *harri* » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:20 pm

The injectibles came up before in another thread. There was a web site link. From my own experience of having liquid silicone injected into a small dent years ago I would say NO NO NO. Only have your own stuff put in your nose. I think the web site was using restyline which isn't permanent anyway.
I did see Le Fourie was injecting fat into noses which sounds a bit better but even then I would be very wary. Tried and tested for me every time I'm afraid.
*harri*
Old Timer

Postby *harri* » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:15 pm

I was a bit puzzled when you asked I wonder if I can get Mr Malik. Why shouldn't you get him. You can get any surgeon you want if you can pay his fees and are prepared to wait for him. Why should you settle for anybody else? :?:
*harri*
Old Timer

Postby Rinoa » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:23 pm

My consultation is with a nurse, thats all I know at the moment. So maybe on the next consultation I get to talk to a surgeon? Should I ask about Mr. Malik on monday? :?:
Rinoa

Postby *harri* » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:57 pm

I can remember a poster called Constant Star who was happy with Malik. She posted her pix. Very pretty. I've not seen her post for a while now though.
*harri*
Old Timer

Postby Susie » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:02 pm

I know, I was only joking.
It's amazing what they can do these days :wow: If it works it'll be great, the less invasive the procedure the better :clap:
xxx Susie.
Susie
Old Timer

Postby jaz » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:54 pm

Your asking the wrong person, :dontknow: but what does make sence is,if you are happy with the size of the nose but not the shape,ie,if your nose wasn't even,one side thinner than the other,the filler I suppose would be put in the thin side of the nose making the nose look even.
It's just what I heard on radio 2. :cheers:
Ironed Out By Matti
jaz
Old Timer

Postby Susie » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:41 pm

I heard on the radio today that surgeons are now preforming rhino surgery using injectable fillers to alter the shape of a nose

But how would that work if they want to reduce the size of the nose...? :dontknow: :?:
Do they syringe the excess nose out? :LOL:
xx Susie
Susie
Old Timer

Postby Rinoa » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:25 pm

I wonder how that works.. I'd rather be asleep so I don't feel anything. :LOL:
Rinoa

Postby jaz » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:26 pm

I heard on the radio today that surgeons are now preforming rhino surgery using injectable fillers to alter the shape of a nose,whilst sometimes at the same time depending on individual, cases very little invasive surgery. J-D
There saying they can make a nose look more even without been invasive,using fillers :dontknow:
Ironed Out By Matti
jaz
Old Timer

PreviousNext

Return to Nose Surgery (Primary & Revision Rhinoplasty)