Look Your Best

bio oil

Join the Community!

Postby Milkyway121 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:35 pm

kjbdesigns wrote:I have and stopped as I think I am allergic to it....trying to get hold of Palmers Scar Serum...any ideas where I can get this girls?

xxx

Yeah me too..

When i started using the bio oil for stretch marks it gave me a rash all over were I had applied the oil, so i stopped using it as I could tell I was allergic to it. ):O Also my m8 at work had the same prob when she started using the oil.

So just be aware just in case u have sensitive skin..

I have also tried the palmers scar/s'mark serum cream with no probs.
Milkyway121

Postby utopian99 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:07 pm

i've got my order now! pookie- do you have any tips on using? i got the one with lemon in, Liz on the site recommended it so will try..smells lovely!
utopian99

Postby Johann » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:49 pm

Hi,

I sent couple of emails to Liz at Emu Oil this morning (asking her advice on products etc) she replied immediately. I felt confident in what she suggested so placed an order. Liz emailed within 10mins to tell me that items are already being posted to me. Amazing service....
Johann

Postby utopian99 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:31 pm

hi pookie- what type of emu oil product do you use? just been on the website and it looks impressive if the testimonials are true (and i trust your experience....) what do you use and how do you apply? might swap it for the bio oil while i'm on my hols...
utopian99

Postby Johann » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:04 am

Hi,

Just sent an enquiry to the lady at Emu Oil, have been using bio oil but haven't been convinced about its effectiveness. But mostly I have found my skin to be
getting very flaky not sure if thats because of the bio oil or not... Have had to use johnsons super dry body cream to combat the flaking. The combination of the oil and the cream can be a bit yucky especially if either one hasn't fully absorbed. Hence trying the Emu oil, I am thinking it cant be worse...

Anyway I am waffling.

xxx
Johann

Postby Pookie_pie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:36 pm

Emu Oil has natural Vitimin E in it, (bio-oil has the chemical/synthetic version which isnt nearly as effective apparently.... just a bit more usefull/less info! lol)...
Im just wondering whether to double up and use extra vit E oil, or if all the vit E in emu oil will be sufficient.. hmm.. i guess if it contains vit E it will be enough? xxx
Pookie_pie

Postby Tigger » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:08 am

Nads88 wrote:
Tigger wrote:I've got pure Vitamin E oil with no additives from the health shop because I think sometimes all the stuff they put into bio oil and creams can be irritants and aggrivate the skin. I have sensitive skin and have to buy allergy/oil free sun tan lotion otherwise my skin just comes up in red rashes (Piz Buin is great!) So when I'm past my 6wk mark I will be using the Vit E oil on my scars. It doesn't smell, goes on lovely although it is quite thick so use sparingly, warm up with your hands first then put on :)

Tiggs
xx

Do u mean thse capsules hun? The ones ur meant to swallow? Do you just burst them and apply? x
{H}

Hiya... Not the capsules it's in a bottle, just like bio oil. It's just quite thick when you first squeeze it out but fine once you've warmed it up :) xx
Tigger

Newbieboobies

Postby kjbdesigns » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:01 am

The emu oik can also help the muscle fatigue for ME....I am gonna get me some of this!

''''''''FIBROMYALGIA Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal pain and fatigue disorder for which the cause is still unknown. The fibrous tissue in the body (muscles, ligaments and tendons) ache with pain. Many who suffer with fibromyalgia say they feel like their muscles have been overworked. Along with this overworked feeling, some muscles may twitch, throb or have shooting and stabbing pains. A burning sensation may also be experienced. Other symptoms associated with fibromyalgia are fatigue, sleeplessness and irritable bowel syndrome. Benefits emu oil use - sufferers are reporting noticeable reduction of discomfort from the use of Emu Oil as an all-over massage product. Emu Oil with essential oils, in addition to being anti-inflammatory, has the ability to penetrate other beneficial components deep within the skin, helping them to go to work faster to relieve pain. There are also ingestible capsules available to help with inflammation from the inside.''''''''''

KJ
xxx
kjbdesigns

Postby foxyfaerie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:12 am

Pookie_pie wrote:Have you tried Emu Oil? ~ its great for scarring, increasing healing time, helps skin, anti-aging & a host of other benefits. Its also great at preventing the irritation/allergies/infectioms etc that bio oil causes.. I love it for my stretchmarks, scars, breasts, tummy, & face!
xxx

I've got some to try, came yesterday so I'm trying it out on a few!
foxyfaerie

Postby Tsia » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:27 am

yes bio oil helped with my scars after my gastric band operation.. 6 months i noticed they hard turned the same colour as the rest of my skin around them.. making them less obvious.
you will never totally get rid of a scar but certainly fading it is good.
I am using bio oil now.. I can sometimes have sensitive skin to certain creams but am ok with bio oil. x
Life is what you make it, smile at the world and the world smiles at everyone else instead!

Tsia
Old Timer

Location: Spalding,Lincs.*Breast,Arm&Thigh Lifts-02/07/08*BA & Lipo-10/09/08 *2nd Uplift-4/12/08

Postby Pookie_pie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:45 pm

P.S Here's where i get my Emu Oil :

http://www.naturesnaturalbeauty.com/cat ... 448af332d1

Theres a decent thread all about it on the Skincare forum here recently.
Hope that helps a little ~ i cant speak highly enough of it! xxxxxxx
Pookie_pie

Postby Pookie_pie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:41 pm

Have you tried Emu Oil? ~ its great for scarring, increasing healing time, helps skin, anti-aging & a host of other benefits. Its also great at preventing the irritation/allergies/infectioms etc that bio oil causes.. I love it for my stretchmarks, scars, breasts, tummy, & face!
xxx
Pookie_pie

Postby Nads88 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:28 pm

Tigger wrote:I've got pure Vitamin E oil with no additives from the health shop because I think sometimes all the stuff they put into bio oil and creams can be irritants and aggrivate the skin. I have sensitive skin and have to buy allergy/oil free sun tan lotion otherwise my skin just comes up in red rashes (Piz Buin is great!) So when I'm past my 6wk mark I will be using the Vit E oil on my scars. It doesn't smell, goes on lovely although it is quite thick so use sparingly, warm up with your hands first then put on :)

Tiggs
xx

Do u mean thse capsules hun? The ones ur meant to swallow? Do you just burst them and apply? x
{H}
Nads88
Old Timer

Re: bio oil

Postby foxyfaerie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:39 pm

qwerty wrote:has anyone on here used bio oil for scarring? I've heard mixed reviews so far, I was just wondering what everyone on here thought!

Yep, so far I've used it on stretch marks & scars from being burnt, shaving & general clumsy-ness :LOL: It's been great, my stretch marks are hardly there & most scars are tiny now, one or two have totally gone because I kept on at them with it. Totally recommended.
foxyfaerie

Postby Donna » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:36 pm

I use the vit e oil as well, bio oil kept giving me spots.
The vit e oil has been fine for me, my scars are very faint now. xx
Donna
Old Timer

Next

Expand view

Return to Breast Augmentation & Breast Implants